The SILVA Expedition Series is for experienced users and professionals. The Expedition series has been a global leader when it comes to accuracy, precision and durability for many years. The SILVA Expedition Series comes with two completely new features: a Slope card and a Scale lanyard.
If you are in need of a traditional baseplate compass with high-end features, the Expedition should be your choice. SILVA Expedition features easy-handling Dryflex™ housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release lanyard, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment). The Expedition can also map-measure 1:40,000.
Detect the avalanche risk
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map. The new graphics contain a more distinct arrow (Expedition) and also a more contemporary font.
If the terrain demands for a mirror sighting compass Expedition S is your optimal companion.
- Slope card. Measure avalanche risk, slopes and extra distance.
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances.
- Map measuring scales; mm, inch, GPS scales 1:24, 1:25, 1:40 and 1:50.
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Magnifying lens for precision map work.
- DryFlex™ Rubber grip – easy handling and great friction against the map.
- Built in permanent adjuster for magnetic declination.
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation.
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions.
- For advanced users and professionals
Everything you need to know before heading out on your next adventure. We will teach you how to navigate with a map and compass. It is easy to learn and the knowledge will give you bigger – and safer – adventures.
Explore our navigation guide, find your compass and be ready for all the adventures out there!
|Attachment||Detachable safety-release scale lanyard|
|Declination adjustment||Permanent adjustment for local magnetic declination|
|Scales||1:25k, 1:40k, 1:50k, GPS scales, Lanyard; 1:25, / 1:50, mm, inch|
|Silicon friction feet||Yes|
|Variant||Magnetic Equator, Magnetic South, Magnetic North|